Jobs / Career
A career in logistics?
Your starting block could be in Hamburg´s Hafencity!
We have a vacancy for a
Trainee in freight forwarding and logistics
Training is provided by means of a dual programme combining training and education in our company and at the vocational college. An apprenticeship lasts between 2 ½ and 3 years depending on the level of school education. Block tuition takes place at the state-run Holstenwall College of Commerce in Hamburg.
During training you will become conversant with the following skills:
- Handling of import and export freight by sea and by air
- Organisation of inland transport
- Invoicing, documentation and accounting
- Investigation and planning of logistic concepts
- Arrangement of dispatch, handling and warehousing of all types of goods
- Providing advice and assistance to clients
- Preparation of quotations, procurement of services on the transport and logistics market
- Customs and foreign trade requirements
- Communication with international partners and clients
- Dealing with claims
Candidates should have a “Realschulabschluss”, “Abitur” or equivalent, good numerical skills and a good command of written and spoken English. If you fulfill these requirements and enjoy the challenge of teamwork in an international environment, you could be the person we are looking for.
Applications with supporting documents should be sent to Stefanie Scheurer.